Expressions of my journey as I explore my creative side & special moments with my fur babies!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

King's Day/ Dia de Reyes Card

Growing up in Puerto Rico we always celebrated dia de Reyes on January 6th. This is when us as kids would get a box and fill it with grass/hay for the camels as the Wisemen/Reyes would visit bringing gifts only if we were good. We also celebrated Christ's birth during Christmas so we were very fortunate to receive gifts twice during the Christmas season & yes we were very spoiled lil' children - hehehe!
This year we weren't able to celebrate as my mom-in-law Linda is still in the hospital and I spent most of last week with her. Prayers are encouraged as her Thyroid had shutdown and was causing other organs to stop working such as liver and kidneys. The treatments seem to be working and we are going back to the hospital again here in an hour or so to visit. Her liver seems to be doing better but still believe she will need a transplant due to the liver sorosis. Love you all and thanks for stopping by & praying!!
I found this adorable wisemen stamp from Hobby Lobby for 50% off so was thrilled to make a card with it =) I also received some new Spellbinders Nestabilities this week and used the new Mega Curvy Rectangles also used my MS Star punch sponged the star with Adirondack Butterscotch then added some stickles to create the star- the sentiment reads "Near & Far Follow His Star".
Deets: Stamps- SU Star Studded Season, Inkadinkado Wisemen
Paper- Holiday Treasures DP (SU), Hunter Green, Whisper White
Ink- Close to Cocoa, Encore Copper, Adirondack Butterscotch, Distressed Fired Brick & Copics
Accessories- CB Snowflake Spots, Nesties Curvy Rectangle Dies, SU Designer Label punch, MS Christmas Star punch & SU Ridinghood Red/Vanilla ribbon.

Thanks for looking & have an awesome week! Hugs =) ~C

1 comment:

Holly aka Toy said...

What a fab image and lovely story! I will keep your family in my prayers! God's Peace to you!